Flash Goats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flash Goats

This is the forum for people who are into Flash! Have fun on Flash Goats!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MSI

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darkness-Darkness
Admin
Admin

MSI Empty
PostSubject: MSI   MSI Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 1:45 pm

Mindless Self Indulgence My Over All Favorite Band

a little bit about them:

The band formed in 1995. They have released five full-length albums and a number of EPs and remixes. Their music is influenced by early 1980s culture. It frequently contains samples of early 80's hip-hop or rock, as well as Atari-style beeps and tones. Their second album as a band, 1999's "Tight", was mixed on Atari-style equipment. Their music generally falls into the sub-genre of Acid Punk

Mindless Self Indulgence is distinguished from mainstream punk by their incorporating lyrics about being gay and related topics into a number of their songs - even titling one of their songs "Faggot", and using the word heavily in a number of their songs.

They have opened for a number of mainstream acts, including System of a Down, Korn, Staind, Sum 41, Mushroomhead, Insane Clown Posse, Rammstein, and My Chemical Romance. They have also played many large musical festivals including Voodoo Music Experience in New Orleans in October of 2003, as well as headlining the Mojave tent at the 2004 Coachella Festival. They also recently headlined the "Revolution Stage" for The Projekt Revolution Tour and were part of 2007 "Give it a Name" Festival.

The band is currently opening for and supporting My Chemical Romance on a European tour which is going on during the fall and winter months of 2007.

The band's next record is slated for release on April 29th through Metropolis/UCR. The band will be doing a small tour with The Birthday Massacre to celebrate the release.

www.mindlessselfindulgence.com
Back to top Go down

MSI
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Flash Goats :: Other :: Music-
Jump to: